Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Today is Not about Food

The Boy Wonder took this photo of me as I checked the Google home page for the 97th time by about 10:00 this morning.

I am obsessed with this election. I have tried hard to not get caught up in the nonsense leading up to this day, and I even voted early so as to have a better excuse to ignore all the pollster's phone calls.
But now I can't get anything done. I keep going back to the computer to check, uh, I don't know what. It isn't like any results are getting posted yet. Obsessed, I tell you. Too obsessed to even think about food.

Well, that's not entirely true. I have eaten three pieces of dark chocolate poundcake already today. I guess I should share that recipe, now that I think about it.

After the election. I'll do it after the election. Honest.

6 comments:

Shari said...

Hey I am not even American and this election holds my interest more than the Canadian one a few weeks ago:)

Jen said...

your mom mentioned the pound cake and I have brand new pans on order as we speak...post it!

btw...adios Bush!! WHEEE!!!

Anonymous said...

CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE....PULEEEEEEEZE!

Sarah Beam said...

Shari, this election was pretty stinking exciting, but I'm glad they aren't all like this. I get terribly stressed out by the polarization. And wow, but where is the middle ground here? Everyone either thinks Obama is God or the Antichrist. I'm going to have to start passing out grains of salt to everyone.

Jen, I am sadly underwhelmed by this cake recipe. At first, I was thrilled with it, but now I think it's kind of dry, and a little on the boring side. I'm going to do some tinkering...

Jen said...

Tinker away--I trust your judgement. Meanwhile I will just have to bake the apple cider cheese bread from cooking light.

mmmm...beer and cheese :)

alexandra's kitchen said...

i want chocolate pound cake. If I am correct, it is now now 2.5 days since the election? no more excuses! :)